Saturday 26 October 2013

Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes 北海道威风蛋糕

         Hi everyone! This is my first post on my blog and i hope you guys enjoy reading :) 
         Baking is a hobby of mine and i always like to try different recipes. I seldom bake same thing twice cause you know, I just want to try new things ><
 This time round, i decided to bake hokkaido chiffon cupcakes   
          First of all, i search around the internet for recipes and TADA! The famous hokkaido chiffon cupcake recipe by nasilemaklover     
          I am very concerned about the appearance of the treats i baked so for these cupcakes, i went to ang mo kio phoon huat just to buy the cupcake liners! What's hokkaido chiffon cupcakes without the lovely
cupcake liners !  (Have a hard time deciding pink or blue though ><) 





         The cupcakes turned out to be good. Fluffy and light! However I think that the egg yolks are a bit too much that the cupcakes without fillings turns out to be similar as 鸡蛋糕. My cousin says so too! Just personal opinions :)

       
      Since i will bring them to school for my friends, i have to make sure that the filling will not be too runny when it stays at room temp for long time. So i just try out my own custard filling using instant custard powder and whipping cream! And it works! Hehe




For the decoration, i dust them with sifted icing sugar. Instead of fruits, i decorated them with the heart shape candy which i bought for red velvet cupcakes!
Note that the icing sugar and heart shape candy will MELT if left overnight! Because the candy is candy and icing sugar is sugar. What am i talking about lol. 



Thanks for reading this post!

Pardon me if i have made any mistake ><
See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment